For my reading notes
I picked the story about Beauty and the Beast. The story is quite
different from the original one in that the daughter is one of three
and she asks her father to bring her a rose from the market place. He
can’t find a rose from the market place so he steals one from the
garden. The beast lives there so he forces him to bring him the
daughter that asked for the rose. Finally the Stockholm Syndrome sets
in and she falls in love with him thereby breaking the curse.
Bibliography: This story is part of the Europa unit. This particular story is Beauty and the Beast. Story source: Europa's Fairy Book by Joseph Jacobs and illustrated by John Batten (1916).

Hi, Adrian!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute drawing of Beauty and the beast! As a child, I remember reading a book by Robin McKinley called Beauty, which sounds very similar to the version of Beauty and the Beast that you read, but is lesser-known than Disney's version. I think it's so cool how myths can develop into so many different iterations of the same story!