I think the reading and writing assignments in this class are very reasonable. I may be biased because I like reading but I have found that the reading assignments never take too long to read. They are also nicely broken up into two sections to help make reading them easier. I do not usually write stories in my free time whereas I may read a book if I do not have anything to do. That being said I do enjoy the storybook writings we have in this class. They have taken me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to experience something new. While I do not think I will take up writing as a professional thing after this class I may experiment with it more as a hobby.
My favorite reading
in this class so far has got to be Monkey. It is not in the regular
reading because I am reading it for extra credit. It has allowed me
to learn more about one of the many myths I heard growing up.
I have found that I
do not refer to my reading notes at all when I am writing my story
post. I do not really every come back to them. While I see their need
in the class (there has to be a way to prove we are actually reading)
I do not find them helpful. Unfortunately I cannot suggest a better
alternative as there is no better way to prove we are reading without
having quizzes and such (which would be a worse idea).
I am very happy with
my class project and I consider it one of my biggest accomplishments.
I love reading so I sort of revere authors and to have a chance to
experience what they do has been an enlightening process.
I picked this
picture of Wukong because to me it has a futuristic feel to it. The
tale of the Monkey King is so old it was nice to see a modern take on
it.
In the future I would like to do
more writing in this class as I have let my other commitments take
time away from this class causing me to slip up and skip assignments.

Comments
Post a Comment