Week 8 Comments and Feedback


The quality of the comments I receive in class are great. Everyone is super nice which means I never feel attacked or stupid when I read them. This allows me to grow as a writer because I feel comfortable experimenting with new ideas and writing styles. However, as nice as these comments are I feel like people are maybe too scared to post feedback along with their comments. A lot of the time I will get a comment telling me something they enjoyed about the story but I will not get any feedback. Occasionally I get feedback which really helps me grow as a writer. For example in my storytelling post about Homer’s Odyssey a lot of people told me that my dialog was hard to follow. This feedback has helped me tremendously with my dialog. I find the comments with feedback the most helpful.

I would say that my feedback comments are not the best quality for all the reasons I listed above. I do not always give feedback with my comments because sometimes I am afraid that I will come off as being too harsh.

I think moving forward I will want to try to leave better feedback comments without the fear of hurting their feelings as I believe that in the long run that will be the most helpful. That is not to say that I will leave terrible comments but rather I will leave more comments with feedback.

I chose this picture because feedback can cause discomfort but it will help you grow. This meme captures that perfectly.

Comments