Storybook Favorites


The Stolen Princess

The topic was something I was unfamiliar about before. I had heard of shape shifters before but never about changelings which are faerie children that are swapped with human children at birth. The title gave me a good description about the story as the story was basically about a stolen princess. The introduction pulled me directly into the story and made me want to read more. I really liked how the introduction basically dropped me into the story without much backstory and we just continued from there. The layout of the pages was a picture at the top of the page followed by each of the stories. I really liked the design of the navigation bar in the top right of the page. It really allows readers of the story to easily navigate their way around the story pages. I will definitely be using that in my storybook.

King Arthur in Japan

The topic of King Arthur was something that I have come across before in both movies and books. I really liked the new spin on the Arthurian legends that the author put on it by making the story take place in Japan. The title gave me everything I needed to know about the story and caught my attention. The introduction helped setup that the story would be about King Arthur but also added the new twist of it taking place in Japan. This was good because the introduction was designed so that people who knew the story of King Arthur as well as those who did not would still both benefit from the introduction. I really liked how the different pages were put up on the left of the blog. This allowed the reader to navigate back and forth between the different stories without having to scroll.


Olympus University

I had already known the Greek stories about Paris and and Hercules but did not know the story about Orion. I really enjoyed the humorous twist that was placed on all of these stories by placing them in a college setting. They were quite fun to read. I did not really like how the images were placed in the banner as they were harder to see and enjoy. I did really like the last image that was used for the story of Orion and that is why I picked it as the image to feature in my blog.






Comments

  1. I am so glad you saw that King Arthur Storybook, Adrian — the student who wrote that one is going to be in Indian Epics this semester, and I think he is planning to send Arthur and Merlin to India next! So you will probably get a chance to see that Storybook in Indian Epics this semester. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment