I found that there were
quite a lot of stories in the UnTextbook. I suppose that makes sense
after all as there are countless myths and legends in the world.
However; I did not expect for our class to have so many combinations
for our semester. I believe the introduction page to the UnTextbook
said that there are 439,536,844,800,000 textbook combinations which
is not a number to scoff at. After browsing the stories for the
better part of an hour the three that I am most interested in right
now would be Dante’s Inferno, the Voyages of Sindbad, and the
Monkey King. I think that I want to do readings about myths I have
heard before so I can solidify my understanding of them. I think it
would be a great learning experience to take a tale I have heard
before and get to learn all parts of the story.
I am interested in Dante’s Inferno because I have heard a bit about his descent into hell to find his wife and I am curious about the whole story. I am also excited to read it because there are Greco-Roman references as well as Christian ones and I think they would be a fun mix.
I am interested in the Monkey King because growing up as a child I have heard stories of Sun Wukong. Sun Wukong plays a role in both Chinese and Indian legends and since I am both Chinese and Indian I grew up hearing both sides of the tale. These stories are very hazy and I would love the chance to read the actual material. I believe this reading will be my favorite this semester.
The last story I am interested in would be the Voyages of Sindbad. I do not know much about Sindbad other than he had a short feature in One Thousand and One Nights. I read that book in the fourth grade and remember close to nothing of it so I think a reading about Sindbad would be both fun and stimulating experience.
I am interested in Dante’s Inferno because I have heard a bit about his descent into hell to find his wife and I am curious about the whole story. I am also excited to read it because there are Greco-Roman references as well as Christian ones and I think they would be a fun mix.
I am interested in the Monkey King because growing up as a child I have heard stories of Sun Wukong. Sun Wukong plays a role in both Chinese and Indian legends and since I am both Chinese and Indian I grew up hearing both sides of the tale. These stories are very hazy and I would love the chance to read the actual material. I believe this reading will be my favorite this semester.
The last story I am interested in would be the Voyages of Sindbad. I do not know much about Sindbad other than he had a short feature in One Thousand and One Nights. I read that book in the fourth grade and remember close to nothing of it so I think a reading about Sindbad would be both fun and stimulating experience.

Comments
Post a Comment