For this story I
will be trying out the note-taking strategy of focusing on the
Plot/Character/Setting.
I really liked this story as it was a different retelling of the classic proverb the grass always seems greener on the other side. The important things to know about the plot of the story is that there is a blacksmith and a wise man. The blacksmith is unhappy with his life and complains to the wise man. The wise man has power over all things and so he is able to try and help the blacksmith out by changing him into different things so that the blacksmith can see that he had it good all along and that the grass is not always greener on the other side. The main character of the story would be the whining blacksmith. The main supporting character would be the wise man as he plays a big role in changing the blacksmith into the things he thinks he wants. The setting of the story changes drastically as the wise man changes the blacksmith into things he wants to be. First he is transformed into a stone high in the mountaintop, then a stonecutter, a sun, and then finally the moon. I believe that the storyteller gives the reader all the important points and leaves everything else up to the listener's imagination. For example when the blacksmith first complains to the wise man there is no description of the setting but my imagination filled in the holes and I pictured the blacksmith asking the wise man that in his forge. I really like this kind of writing style because it opens so much to the listener's imagination which means that everyone experiences a slightly different story.
I really liked this story as it was a different retelling of the classic proverb the grass always seems greener on the other side. The important things to know about the plot of the story is that there is a blacksmith and a wise man. The blacksmith is unhappy with his life and complains to the wise man. The wise man has power over all things and so he is able to try and help the blacksmith out by changing him into different things so that the blacksmith can see that he had it good all along and that the grass is not always greener on the other side. The main character of the story would be the whining blacksmith. The main supporting character would be the wise man as he plays a big role in changing the blacksmith into the things he thinks he wants. The setting of the story changes drastically as the wise man changes the blacksmith into things he wants to be. First he is transformed into a stone high in the mountaintop, then a stonecutter, a sun, and then finally the moon. I believe that the storyteller gives the reader all the important points and leaves everything else up to the listener's imagination. For example when the blacksmith first complains to the wise man there is no description of the setting but my imagination filled in the holes and I pictured the blacksmith asking the wise man that in his forge. I really like this kind of writing style because it opens so much to the listener's imagination which means that everyone experiences a slightly different story.

Comments
Post a Comment