Tech Tip: Canvas Mobile App

I have been using the mobile canvas app ever since they got rid of D2L at the end of my sophomore year. In my opinion D2L was better because there were a lot more features available to the user such as viewing hidden grades and opening documents in new tabs. Canvas looks better but there are a lot less features.

Canvas has a mobile app which I like a lot. If there was a mobile version of the D2L app available on Android I never knew about it. I like the Canvas mobile app because I can check my grades quickly on my phone or check assignments. You are unable to do everything in the mobile app but that is to be expected from a mobile app. I would definitely recommend it to people who have not downloaded it yet.

Comments

  1. I had no idea that you could access hidden grades on D2L... now I'm wondering what I missed out on. I will say, I took an online class both on Canvas and D2L and definitely preferred D2L because I thought it was more straight forward. Canvas can also be really buggy which is stressful for when you're taking a timed test remotely!I enjoy your tech tips due to your background in Computer Science! Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I actually had no idea that Canvas has a mobile app, and now I'll have to check it out. Trying to visit the website on a mobile browser is pretty frustrating sometimes. I don't think D2L had an app, but their mobile site was TERRIBLE. You couldn't even check your grades on it. Looking forward to trying out the Canvas alternative, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment