Time Strategies


I read the two articles: The Important Habit of Just Starting and The Psychology of Checklists: Why Setting Small Goals Motivates Us to Accomplish Bigger Things. I really liked what the article: The Important Habit of Just Starting said about just starting. I find that is one of my biggest problems with time management. I know that if I just start a task I can get it done but a lot of the times I procrastinate by not starting at all. Whether it be an assignment I need to do or even the dishes. That’s why I have implemented a 5 minute rule. Basically it means I try and do a task for 5 minutes only. Usually the act of starting is what is stopping me from completing a task and I have found that having this 5 minute rule helps me get a lot more things done. 


I also really liked what the article The Psychology of Checklists: Why Setting Small Goals Motivates Us to Accomplish Bigger Things said about checklists. I thing I will try downloading Trello to see what it is all about. I know that I definitely need help keeping track of all the things I need to do.

I think that the biggest time sink that I will have this semester will be my AI class. I think that if I schedule my time appropriately I will be able to handle all my classes together.

Comments

  1. Just to say: how cool that you are taking an AI class! Maybe these classes will give you a chance to reflect on what you are doing/learning in that class: I try to emphasize imagination and creativity in these classes, which is something that AI struggles with. As you explore your own creativity, I bet that will give you some good insights into AI design and machine learning too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment